by Richard Watson
Building on the themes of elm 7.0, our next release is just around the corner. Since 7.0.1 has come so soon after 7.0, we recommend that anyone planning to upgrade should go straight to 7.0.1. This blog covers releases of all requirements Management tools including:
- ibm Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next 7.0.1
- IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS 9.7.2
- IBM Engineering Requirements Management Requirements Quality Assistant
DOORS Next 7.0.1
One of the themes of DOORS Next V is to extend the overall scale of data that can be managed using a DOORS Next RM server. testing has continued in V7.0.1 and we can now support up to 1,000 concurrent users working on a single RM server using an Oracle database.
It is often the case that when using changesets to modify requirements, dependencies between changesets are created when multiple people change the same requirements or are making changes in the same module when there are changes to the structure of the module. DOORS Next V7.0.1 allows for dependencies to be overruled when selecting changesets for delivery.
Trace column information can be tailored to be more succinct in the information that is displayed, including the use of traversable Link Indicators rather than displaying more verbose URLs.
ReqIF has been improved in the way attachments and graphical elements are used as part of Requirements information. Where possible, DOORS Next will now import OLE elements from applications like DOORS directly into attachments in DOORS Next. DOORS Next will export graphical elements such as Diagrams in a format that can be seen, but not edited in other requirement tools, including DOORS.
DOORS V9.7 was introduced to enhance usability while focusing on integrating DOORS more closely with the IBM Engineering (ELM) portfolio as a whole.
- Extending support for collaboration with ELM and Global Configurations, enabling the DOORS user to see and create trace links to ELM (OSLC) data placed under configuration management
- We have made a number of improvements for reporting; most significantly is the ability to report on requirements volatility using the Jazz Reporting System Report Builder.
- ReqIF interaction with IBM Engineering DOORS Next has been improved to allow OLE data from DOORS to be directly sent to DOORS Next as attachments without the need for wrapping elements. It is also possible to see DOORS Next diagrams for review in DOORS.
- The DOORS database explorer shows modules and their baselines to make it easier to open the correct version. Optionally, the module explorer can limit the display to active objects covered by an active filter.
Requirements Quality Assistant
Requirements Quality Assistant is a hosted solution with updates typically released monthly.
- RQA can be added to existing deployments or can now be purchased as part of a dedicated DOORS Next SaaS environment, with the power of AI
- through Requirements Quality Assistant
- Requirement Managers get the full capability of DOORS Next Analyst. to optimize communication & collaboration across teams
- Requirement Authors receive coaching from RQA to improve the quality of a requirement as it is being written
RQA scores requirements against criteria consistent with the incose Guidelines for Writing Good Requirements. The tool is pre-trained to detect 11 quality issues and can be extended with more through the support of IBM services.
After analyzing requirements, see the issues found by RQA in the list of attributes in DOORS Next & DOORS. Use the issue guidance to modify requirements and reduce ambiguity. For more information, see Checking DOORS Next requirements with RQA
In recent releases, we have refined the accuracy and scoring and you can now measure the quality of your project or module and use Dashboard views to provide insights on problem projects.
These are only a few of the improvements introduced with DOORS Next, DOORS and RQA. A full list can be found in the product documentation: DOORS Next, DOORS, RQA
Thank you for your continued support and stay safe.No tags for this post.